My answer: Which one?
- 2002 (anti-embargo): He said: “If we think engagement works well with China, well, it ought to work well with Cuba…The embargo doesn’t work. It is a failed policy. It was probably justified when the Soviet Union existed and posed a threat through Cuba. I think it’s become more of a crutch for Castro to use to repress his people. All the problems he has, he blames the American embargo.”
- 2007 (pro-embargo): He voted against easing trade sanctions on Cuba
- 2008 (anti-embargo): He said: “if we’re going to have free trade with China, why not Cuba?”
- 2012 (pro-embargo): Romney said: “Paul is with us on being firm against the Castro dictatorship….the Cuba policy of a Romney-Ryan administration will be clear: no accommodation, no appeasement. A Romney-Ryan administration will place maximum sanctions pressure on the regime”
- (Source: Journal Sentinel)