- Like making (and eating) burgers? Here are some of the more successful recipes from the CBC’s search for Windsor’s best burger
- Apparently all the warm weather is bringing more fireflies
- My friend Ian has written an interesting review of The Crossing, which he watched at the North Korean Human Rights Film Festival in Toronto
- John Piper’s Love Your Enemies is available for free
- Mark Horne shares 5 reasons to memorize Proverbs
- Did you know that Ray Bradbury did a commercial selling prunes? Weird.
- Tim Challies provides 5 reasons to read Tony Reinke’s “Lit”
- Crossway provides a list of 4 benefits of reading fiction.
- John McCain is pushing for support of armed opposition in Syria. In this venture McCain finds himself allied, unsurprisingly, with Lindsey Graham and Joe Lieberman. They are calling for ”provision of weapons and other material support”. McCain is also on record as saying “I strongly support providing arms and necessary assistance [for the opposition in Syria]“. It seems, at least to my perusal of the facts, quite likely that some of this support and weapons will go to al-Qaeda actors in one form or another. This is a common pattern. I have no doubt that the Syrian government has committed many atrocities, and I too hate totalitarianism. But I do question the wisdom of McCain and others in being so quick to fall into a repeatedly failing pattern of action.
- National Geographic lists the world’s best hikes
- The Art of Manliness has an illustrated guide on how to shuffle a deck of cards
- This comparison of causes of death in American in 1900 vs. 2010 is interesting.