Now I’ve continued, and done the following.
- Used pkg_add to install ruby19-rails, wget, links, vsftpd, django, south, and postgresql
- Copied /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/vsftpd to /etc/rc.d/vsftpd
- Copied /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/pgsql to /etc/rc.d/pgsql
- Added vsftpd=YES and pgsql=YES to /etc/rc.conf
- Then I went to initialize the postgres with initdb, ie:
- useradd -m postgres
- passwd postgres
- mkdir /usr/local/pgsql /usr/local/pgsql/var
- chown -R postgres:users /usr/local/pgsql
- su postgres
- initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/var
At this point, running initdb failed complaining it can’t create a “shared memory segment”. “This error usually means that PostgreSQL’s request for a shared memory segment exceeds available memory or swap space.
I ran out of time this morning and have not had an opportunity to address this yet.